Things have finally calmed down a little bit for me and I feel like I've been able to catch my breath. I still haven't had much time to write though, so here's a quick "Five on Friday" catchup.
1. My foot is FINALLY starting to get better. I'm still not sure how I hurt it or what exactly was wrong with it, and the (useless) doctor wasn't much help either. She said something along the lines of "You could get an X-ray...or not. A hairline fracture might not even show up." Uhhh, thanks. So mainly I've just been trying to ice it and stay off it, which is driving me nuts. I didn't work out for almost two weeks straight (I finally hit up the gym on Wednesday), which is the longest I've gone without working out since I had jaw surgery in 2008. Blerg.
2. My apartment is SPOTLESS. I went on a bit of a tear the other night, and made a huge pile to give to Goodwill. Pretty soon I will not have any clothes or shoes left. I also organized all my paperwork, updated my life insurance policy, and made sure my parents and D both had all my information and knew where to find important documents. Take it from me, it's important to do these things way in advance of anyone needing them. After the stress of the last few days, I learned this lesson the hard way.
3. I'm currently reading Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion and MAN I will never shop at Forever 21 (and stores like it) ever again. I haven't even finished the book and I'm already a convert. Quality over quantity, thrifting, making your own clothes, sign me up. What an eye-opener.
4. I am so over eating out. Because of the craziness of the past weekend, we ate out for almost every meal. Since we got back from Houston I've had to eat out several times for various engagements I made a long time ago, and I am so sick of fast food and restaurants. I basically want to barricade myself at home and eat salads for about a week straight to flush out my system. Eating out, paired with not working out, has me feeling like a shapeless blob lately.
5. The weather in Pittsburgh has been crazy. Yesterday it hit 80 degrees! I wore a tank top and was comfortable. Next week it's supposed to snow. I don't know if I believe that it will actually snow, but I'm sure we will be cruelly plunged into cold, dreary weather and I'm quite enjoying this Indian Summer and am not looking forward to the change.