From Walking with Nora
1. What are your thoughts on Valentine’s Day. Do you love it? Hate it?
I’m pretty indifferent to Valentine’s Day. Back when I never had a boyfriend, I used to hate it. This was primarily in high school when everyone else had a boyfriend and there were big, overly sentimental, oozing displays of luuuurve everywhere, I hated it. Luckily, those displays have abated, and so have my hate. Now I don’t really celebrate it, other than a “Hey, Happy Valentine’s Day” or two.
2. What is your favorite romantic comedy?
Love Actually, hands down.
3. Meg Ryan & John Mellencamp: what’s your first reaction?
What? Why do I have to have a reaction?
4. All time favorite poem or quote?
This gem from Ralph Waldo Emerson.
“Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations to waste a moment on yesterdays.”
5. What’s the longest amount of time you’ve gone without sleep? (like consecutive hours).
Probably the two days straight without any sleep when we left for/were in Paris two years ago. We were too excited to sleep on the plane and then didn’t want to waste a day sleeping instead of sightseeing. It was totally worth it.
6. What color ink do you prefer to use?
Only black ink, pretty much ever. I use red to highlight things that I need to remember or pay attention to.
7. Share with us a blog that you recently found and fell in love with (and link us!)
My bf from high school just had the most beautiful baby and she started a blog to chronicle their adventure. I’m very excited to read it!
8. If you could be on a reality TV show which one would you choose?
Does Jeopardy count? I don’t really do reality TV
9. Mountains or Beach?
Since it is February in Chicago, I’m going to have to go with beach.
10. With the Oscars around the corner, what’s your pick for best picture?
I have to say The King’s Speech. I love the story and the actors were just brilliant.