I’ve been feeling kind of negative lately and I need an attitude adjustment. It’s fall, one of my favorite seasons, and I need to remember to enjoy it! I have some fun things coming up in the near future and I need to focus on enjoying those as well. I don’t remember who said it but I will always remember a quote that went something like “When I’m feeling down, I look at the calendar. There is always something on the horizon to look forward to.” So, here is my stab at Grace in Small Things: the Calendar Edition.
1. This weekend L and I are going to explore a neighborhood in Chicago that we’ve never been to or know very little about. I’ve gotten a little complacent on where I go for entertainment and I’m excited to explore a new area. We’re thinking either Roscoe Village, Devon Street, or Bucktown. Anyone have suggestions?
2. D and I are going to make it a point to hit up some of the Farmer’s Markets around town in the next few weeks to enjoy the fall bounty while it lasts. I LOVE fall produce and I’m excited to get a pumpkin to carve.
3. My parents are coming to visit! They haven’t been to Chicago since my graduation in June of 2009 and that’s way too long. I’m very excited to show them our new apartment and to take them to even more cool places I’ve found since their last visit.
4. I’m going home for Thanksgiving! I waffled for a bit about whether or not to go home but then I realized that hey, eventually I might get married and have to compromise on the whole Thanksgiving/Christmas/holidays-with-two-families thing, and that I’m going to revel in spending every holiday with my family for as long as I can. Yes, I am 26 and still want to go home and sleep in my childhood bed and have my mom make me pancakes in the morning. What of it?
5. D and his family are going to be in Galveston for Christmas and for his mother’s birthday and they would like me to drive down from Austin and join in the celebrations. I met some of his family in Galveston over spring break and they were wonderfully welcoming--I’m excited to meet everyone else!