Several days late, but I'm doing this nonetheless. Copied from Sundry
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Finished my MA. Ate sushi. Took a trip all by myself. Picked out my very own health insurance.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm not sure I made a resolution last year, other than to finish my MA in one piece. In which case: success!
My resolutions for 2010:
*Read a book a week for a year.
*Contribute the maximum amount to my Roth IRA (this one might not be possible, and I know that heading into it, but I'm sure going to try my hardest).
*Find a new job/explore options for a career that I actually want.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A job that is more in line with what I want to do with my life. Also, figuring out what I want to do with my life.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 12, graduation day. November 5, my one-year anniversary with D.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Again, earning that MA.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmm, I'm not sure. Not being in better physical shape is something I'm disappointed with. This isn't a resolution so much as an ongoing thing. But I'm always working on it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Eh, the usual annoying colds and such. Nothing major, thank goodness. Other than that voluntary gum surgery, but I don't want to think about that. Ever again.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmm I really don't know. I didn't buy a whole heck of a lot.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'm gonna have to go with Barack Obama, for doing what needs to be done, inspiring others, and exhibiting the humility and grace that previous presidents have not.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Sorry to get all political on y'all but MAN those REPUBLICANS who are NOT WORKING TOGETHER WITH THE DEMOCRATS FOR THE COMMON GOOD but instead are acting like BABIES because they didn't get THEIR WAY with that old guy and the "maverick" not getting elected. Gah. Makes me so mad. Act like the mature, concerned, for-the-common-good ELECTED OFFICIAL you are. Geez.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Student loan debt, savings, retirement. Exciting!
15. What did you get really excited about?
I got really really excited about our trip to Paris, and about graduating. And then less excited once I realized that meant I had to get a job.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Hmm maybe "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. That's our song, me and D, and he plays it on the guitar for me whenever I ask.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier in some ways, sadder in others.
– thinner or fatter? Probably exactly the same.
– richer or poorer? Richer, thank goodness. Wooo salaried job!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise, not freak out about things I had no control over.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Freaking out about things I had no control over, be negative.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parent's house in Texas.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Oh yes. Very much so. I hate that person very very much. But I'm trying not to think about it because I tried, really and truly, it is beyond my control. And really, it doesn't affect me and I'm happy in my life and that's all that matters.
24. What was the best book you read?
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson. Go read it, seriously.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Haha, probably GLEE. Sad, I know.
26. What did you want and get?
Successfully graduated, got a job, doing lots of fun new things.
27. What did you want and not get?
A job that feels meaningful to me.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Probably UP. It was so damn cute.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Hmm I don't even really remember. I think I went to class, came home, went out to dinner, went to sleep. I turned 25.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't really know. Knowing what I wanted to do with my life and doing it?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Preppy, boring, warm.
32. What kept you sane?
Exercise, reading, time with friends, my wonderful boyfriend.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
My friends in Austin. I miss them real bad.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Katelyn, my boss at my old internship. I just love her. She's one to emulate, for sure.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Chill out. Don't let one thing that's bothering you make you unhappy in other parts of your life.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Hmm I dunno. Don't stop believing. We'll go with that one.