I've found that there are many different kinds of cold. Below are a few but feel free to add your own!
1. I'm sitting outside on a nice summer night and there is a slight breeze. I pull a cotton cardigan over my shoulders and feel comfortable again.
2. I've just gotten out of the shower and the air temperature in the bathroom is cooler than the temperature of the water. I hurry to wrap up in my towel or robe.
3. I'm sick and have the shivers. I bundle up and drink some hot tea, take a nyquil, and feel better.
4. I'm asleep and the window is open. I'm burrowed under the covers but the air in the room is cool. I snuggle down deeper and fall back asleep.
5. I'm standing outside in -10 degree weather waiting for the bus. Its effing freezing and there's nothing I can do about it, I just have to stand there. The bus will come eventually. I will be warm eventually. As I hunch down into myself a little bit more and curse the weather, I'm having a hard time remembering what its like to be warm.
6. I've given up on the bus and am walking to my destination. I'm walking quickly because its cold but I'm starting to warm up inside my outerwear because of the exertion. The trunk of my body is warm. My feet are so cold they're numb. My face is cold. My neck is sweating. I'm simultaneously cold and hot. I can just feel myself getting sick.