I don't know if I ever told you about my resolutions, or if I have done anything to accomplish them, but I'm going to revisit them just the same.
1. Watch less TV. Which should lead to..
2. Read more books. I don't know why I have to tell myself this but I'm not reading enough so, Go, Ris, read more books!
3. Be a Positive Polly, not a Negative Nancy. About everything.
4. Be healthier. Yes I am thin and run, oh, occasionally and with no real routine but I need to pay more attention to things like calcium intake and protein and getting vegetables at least once a day.
5. Work on getting into grad school.
I've been doing ok with the TV watching. Mostly I've been joining too many classes and doing random free things with friends to have time to watch TV. I've even missed Grey's Anatomy a couple times and you know what, I didn't really miss it all that much. I have not been doing so well with the book reading. I did great over the break when I had more time but now I am absolutely STUCK on Vanity Fair. People, that book is longer than Moby Dick. Its impossible. I'm on page 275 and I'm still not sure who is who and what the hell is going on. I'm going to try to stick with it but its frustrating when you read 80 pages and its barely a dent. There is always more book! Ugh. William Makepeace, I will conquer this, even if it takes me all year. I am very happy (hah, happy!) to report that I have been much more positive this year than I was last year. Just reading my old posts makes me realize how whiny and depressed I was. No thank you, don't want to do that again. The eating healthier thing is coming...slowly. I'm really trying but its hard to make new things when I am picky and don't really like to eat. But I'm cooking more and trying new recipes. Some of them have been flops or learning experiences but a least one or two have been wildly successful. And the grad school thing, like I said, don't even ask.